Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Studying in Spain?!?!

FINALLY I have a little time to blog!!

Well as you all know I got to skype with my family on Sunday for Father's Day!! I'm so so happy that I got to see everyone and talk to everyone!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :)

Not that much has been going on here actually, we had some problems with Puri again.. Everything's fine now so no worries :) Well the only thing different about this week is that we've been getting cafe con leche (coffee with milk) every morning and then splitting a pastry. The coffee here is seriously soo good!! Here's a picture of our coffee and our pastry.. a doughnut haha
It's delishhhhh! But anyways on Monday I had art class and our professor reminded us that unfortunately we had an exam on Wednesday. This professor is so hard to follow because she's always going out of order, but anywho we had a presentation in my food and culture on Tuesday so after class on Monday we decided to just work on that.. It was kind of supposed to be more of an impromtu speech, but Abby and I were a little nervous so we ended up like writing out what we were going to say.. Well since we were having problems with Puri, Gabriela (the girl who works with MLSA and at Nebrija) took Abby and I to this amazing Mediteranean restaurant called Bazaar. We got some salad, and I tried her fish dish (pretty tasty!!) and I got some grilled meats and thai noodles, AND then we got liquid tiramisu for dessert (Katie you'd love it!!), and of course wine with our meal! It was sooo good!!! :) Pretty much once we got back from dinner we did nothing haha

On Tuesday, after our usual coffee and pastry we had class, and then came home for lunch with crazy Lolli... It was paella (without fish) and it was really good! It's mine and Abby's favorite dish, so we were beyond happy, especially after the stuff I had over the weekend haha We took an hour siesta, and then we had to go to our food and culture class and give our presentation.. It was so relaxed, I wish I didn't write it out, AND there were also tons of pastries that were all soo good!! Oh and our presentation was on SANGRIA!!! Shocker, I know haha Anyways after class, a few of us went to McDonalds and used their free WiFi to study for our stupid art exam.. That was pretty much my entire night, just cramming for the exam!! It was so hard to study for because 1) my notes are in Spanish 2) I space out in class 3) most of my notes are just words I don't know 4) The order we learn stuff in makes no sense.. Needless to say I learned a little, but not enough.

SO this morning, after staying up late, we got up early to go to Nebrija to study.. Literally ran into like 5 people from our class.. We get there and like a few more people showed up, thank god too!! It made reviewing much easier because they knew some information that I did not, oops!! Well we finally take the exam, it was pretty hard for me. It was short answer and you had to pick 5 out of like 8 to answer.. Not exactly sure how I did, but I guess I'll find out later!! After class, we went to the bus station and printed our tickets for BARCELONA!!! We leave tonight at 11:30.. After we got our tickets we came back and ate lunch (Bean soup, wasn't the best she's made, but I can deal!). I didn't have much time because there was a visit to the Royal Palace at 5.. The Royal Palace was pretty sweet, but I definitely had higher expectations, butt (ha) I'm still glad I went :) The inside of some of the rooms were just a little obnoxious because it was like each kind was trying to outdo the other.. definitely didn't work haha Also we weren't allowed to take pictures... super lame. Here's a picture of outside the palace:
I think I like the outside better haha but seriously.. Anywho I leave for Barcelona in 3 hours!!! I need to shower, pack, eat dinner and head to the station! It's going to be such an awesome trip!! There's like at least 20 of us going.. Watch out Barca!!!

Love you guys and miss you all!!! I'm sure I'll have a bunch to tell you after this weekend :)

Oh and btw tomorrow is the Festival of San Juan, so there's going to be fireworks and it's just going to be insane!! (Crazy, but SAFE insane! Our guy friends are coming with too, so don't worry so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment