Friday, June 3, 2011

KAPITAL!!

Soo as you'll find out later in this blog post I didn't get home until the morning so I couldn't blog yesterday so today's is going to be a combo of yesterday and today's adventures :)

Well yesterday I had my art class, but it was from 12:30-2:30 at the Prado Museum. Abby and I know absolutely no art terms in English, let alone Spanish so we already get confused easily. When we got to the museum we were there early and really needed some pop so we saw McDonalds and thought it'd be easy enough to get some from there.. nope, wrong! We couldn't even figure out how the line was working, and it was 1.90 Euros. So we waited in like for a few minutes and just gave up and bought pop outside for 1.20 Euros.. Anyways while we were waiting outside the Prado Museum there was a guy selling certain things (can't say exactly what because I know Lauren's reading this! hehe) and Abby and I both bought some stuff from there! :)) Once we walked into the museum they gave us these headphones and stuff and our teacher a microphone so that we could all hear her. Abby and I were very confused on what was going on in class because our professor was using words we'd never heard before, but anyways we gave it our best and managed to get through it and actually learn something :)

After class we had went back to our place to eat lunch before our later class.. Worst decision ever!! If you want the full detail just ask, BUT keep in mind this is what she tried to serve us for lunch:
Also you should know that while we were eating breakfast that morning there was a bag of chopped up meats and a ton of blood in the bag sitting on the kitchen counter right across from where we eat dinner... GROSS!!! So anywho, after looking upon that Abby and I bolted for the door to get some AMERICAN food!! and what better place than Burger King! :) How was the food? BEST MEAL!

Anyways after our American lunch we headed to our food and culture class, which is always fun. We went to Plaza Mayor for our first stop which was pretty sweet. There are so many crazy people there, one was dressed up as Elvis, a few Mickey Mouses and Minnie too of course :) I'll take pictures of the super obnoxious ones next time and then I'll post them (obvi!). After Plaza Mayor we went to El Museo de Jamon, which is like a ham store, not an actual museum of ham, altough there's so many different types hanging in there that it could be! This is all the types of ham and cheese Ana (our professor) bought us:
It was all tasty, and after we walked around Madrid looking at the different banks and all the beautiful buildings!! We ended up at this fountain and she said "Let's just walk over there and we'll finish up talking about ham and then we'll be done" I gave her this look like "Walk?? Ay ay ay!" Ana's awesome though, so she was cracking up!

When we finally finished class we had to hurry back to our place so that we could buy alcohol, shower again, and get ready for Kapital! (Incase you haven't been keeping up with my blog, which I'm sure you have been, Kapital is this 7-story bar that is insane!) We got off at our Metro station and were determined to find this supermarket we stumbled upon early in the week.. After asking like 3 people and walking for like 20 minutes we gave up and bought alcohol at some little snack shop. BUT I was still determined to find shoes so Abby went back to the apartment and I searched.. After getting VERY confused and definitely lost at one point I found not only the shoe store but the supermarket as well!!! I made sure I knew how to get back, but if I don't know how to get there I can always get into my map haha :) that's a friends reference, b-t-dubs.

Once we're at the apartment we got ready as fast as well could, scarfed down dinner (tortilla and hot dogs) we headed to Retiro Park to meet everyone and drink before going to the bar... Great idea, terrible timing.. Short story: the park closes at around 12:30 or 1:30, which we didn't know.. Got stuck in there cuz they closed the gates without warning.. Called the police and waited for them to come let us out cuz the Park is HUGE and we did not feel like walking 2 miles to the other exit.. Our next stop was KAPITAL. Free entry and a free drink. 7 floors. Awesome people. American music. Crazy lights. SOO much fun!! Everything was awesome, except for the fact that I didn't know there was a bathroom on every floor so I kept going to the 2nd floor to go to the bathroom before I realized there was one on every floor.. WHOOPS! We stayed out until the Metro opened in the morning, which is 6am, because it unfortunately closes at 1:30, so we decided to be like locals and stay out all night!! And we did it! BUT we had to get up at 10:00am, so 3 hours of sleep was not enough, but Kapital was worth it :) Here's a picture of some of us:



Well with 3 hours of sleep and my feet killing me from my (cute) heels, we headed to El Teatro Real (The Royal Theater) for a tour.. Not much to say except that if I wanted to learn about the art in the theater I'd ask.. Way too long, and not worth it but it was a beautiful day! Abby and I were feeling extra-American today and didn't want to think about what we food lunch might consist of so we stopped at Foster's Hollywood Restaurant. SO American. Loved it! After our lunch we headed back to our place and ended up just skyping all day. However we booked our tickets to BARCELONA!! We'll be there from June 22nd-26th! Pretty much everyone from the Purdue trip is coming :) AND we're thinking about heading to San Sebastian next weekend. Main reason: la playa (beach) Hopefully we'll book it tomorrow!!! :)

Love you all! :)

Btw- HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU AND WISH I COULD HAVE CELEBRATED WITH YOU!!! I'll make it up with a super Spanish present!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment