Sunday, June 19, 2011

Donde esta el tigre?

So I actually did go to bed early on Friday night! Unfortunately it was so damn hot I kept waking up, but hey it's more sleep than I had been getting! I had to get up at like 6:30 to get ready for our excursion to Toro and Zamora. Turns out that the Metro stop that we were meeting at was a lot closer than I thought so I managed to be there 45 minutes before, whoops! Better early than late though :) Luckily a kid from Drake (studying at Nebrija for the summer) showed up a little after I got there so I didn't have to wait the whole time by myself. Finally we get on the bus, and it was a three-hour bus ride so at one point the literally all but like 5 people on the bus were sleeping, it was hilarious.

Once we got to Zamora they gave us a half hour to get some breakfast. I had this delicious pastry!! Still can't get used to not having real breakfast here. All they have for breakfast here is coffee and maybe a pastry or fruit or something not filling. (Mom be sure to have breakfast food when I get back, por fa! haha) After our "breakfast" we got split into groups, but there was still like 8 of us from Purdue in our group. As per usual, we got distracted and ended up finding this street that had this sweet view:
Zamora was a cute little town, and a lot different from Segovia. The first place we went to in Zamora was to a castle that once you climbed up to the top overlooked the whole city, it was awesome.
We pretty much had 5 minutes to explore in the castle, so we decided to take like 15 or 20 and then we look down and the tour guide from Nebrija was trying to flag us in haha Oh and the stairs in the castles were made for children. There is no way any normal person's feet could fit on the steps. I was walking like sideways down the stairs, pretty surprised I didn't tumble down haha Anywho after the castle we made our way to a church... The churches here are all cool, but I mean once you've seen one or two, you've seen them all.. We weren't sure if we could take pictures so I just snapped a few photos without the flash so they didn't turn out as good. Plus this church wasn't as cool as the one in Madrid.

So finally after the church it was lunch time!! We went to some tapas bar, I got a ham and cheese sandwich. The guy literally cut the meat right off the pig leg (or whatever part) in front of me. I mean I'm all for meat, but I don't really enjoy watching it being prepared and whatnot. Either way it was pretty tasty! We stumbled upon a store, and I ended up buying two bandeaus because they were cheap! Well because it was siesta time, there was like nothing open. So we ended up going to some little restaurant by where we had to meet and got some Tinto de Verano (Wine and pop). I usually prefer Sangria, but I heard the tinto was awesome and it was! Tasted just like Sangria and we all know I love my Sangria haha :)

We all piled back onto the bus and drove about 30 minutes to Toro for our tour of a winery :) It was pretty cool to see, but there was just so many people in our group that it was kind of annoying.. We got to sample their white wine at then end and it was good! I was thinking about buying a bottle, but ended up not.. On the way back to Madrid, a girl's wine bottle fell and shatter on the bus, but she bought two and at least only one broke!! Good thing I wore gym shoes on this excursion because there was a lot of glass on the ground, and I didn't want another San Sebastian incident! Here's a picture of me and Brittany outside the winery:
Well by the time we got back it was like 9 so I didn't make it back to the apartment until like 9:30.. A bunch of people were planning on going to this tapas bar called El Tigre at like 12 and then we were going to go to a discoteca, but people wanted to botellon before. I came home, ate, showered, got ready and botellon-ed with some of the guys before heading to El Tigre..

SOO we were the way to El Tigre, but nobody knew exactly where it was. We were just guessing, and finally I'm like let's just ask where it is.. We pretty much went in a huge circle haha BUT we made it there.. by like 12:45 haha We were a little late, but it's Spain time so it's all good. When we got there I ordered a vodka and fanta lemon... He comes back with this class filled with so much vodka and a fanta on the side!! El Tigre sure knows how to make drinks :) Oh and because it was a tapas bar we got free tapas with our drinks, even better!! After we finish our ridiculous drinks we headed out to search for a place to go drink. We actually ended up at O'Neills (the Wednesday Euro shot place) and ordered drinks there.. After we decided we wanted a discoteca so we could dance! "I just wanna danceeee" (<--Dane Cook). Somehow we ended back at the place that gave out free sangria from earlier in the week.. It was awesome!! We were there for like the rest of the night, but then at 5:15 we headed to get some churros con chocolate (because we're locals and that's what they do here haha). By the time we were done eating, the Metro was open again, yayy!! Needless to say, I passed out as soon as I got back!

Slept till 2:30 today :)

Plan for the rest of the day: try to look through my notes for my art class (we have an exam on Wednesday), and skype with the fam!! CANNOT WAIT :)

Happy Father's Day to my family!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment