Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm pretty much a local, nbd.

Feel like I haven't blogged in forever, lo siento! So let me give you the scoop on what's going on here in crazy Madrid!

Wednesday. Euro Shots at O'Neills. As per usual O'Neills was awesome! There were Euro shots, what was I supposed to do? It was Abby's birthday, but we had class the next day so we didn't want to drink too much. When we got there it was pretty dead, but it was only like 11ish so it was early. We got some drinks and just hung out there for awhile, but unfortunately because the stupid Metro closes at 1:30, people started leaving at like 12:45-1ish. A few of us girls stayed behind and just drank some more. We decided to leave around like 2, but we were starvinnnnn Marvinnn! Soo we went on the hunt for some pizza, and we were successful :) I got bacon pizza (Ray you would have loved it, obvi). It was the best pizza. We took a taxi back, and when we came back I stayed up for another hour or so, eating and skyping :) Here's a picture of me, Josh and Kate (a girl from Ireland I met last week and who's awesome):

Thursday. Arte del Prado. Well I can at least say that this week's Prado class went wayyyy better than last week's when I was hungover beyond belief. Class at the Prado is at 12:30 instead of 11:30 which is always a plus after Euro shots. We actually ended up getting out of class early! Unfortunately that meant more time with crazy Loli ("cleaning" lady). Abby and I went back after the Prado and Abby was in a hurry to catch a flight and didn't think she'd be eating lunch there. Well since we got out early and Abby saw that it was actually food we'd like she said she'd have some and of course Loli mutters something in Spanish about how we need to tell her when we're eating there. I understand that, BUT she made a massive amount of food so it was better she ate with me. Anywho after lunch Abby headed to the airport , and I immediately went for a siesta because 1) I was tired and 2) I didn't want to talk to Loli.. Turned out to be four-hour siesta, whoopssss! Once I was finally up I was starving and it was like 8 already and of course Puri wasn't here so I couldn't even ask to eat dinner then. After skyping with my mamaaa, and waiting for awhile Puri comes home at like 10ish. At least dinner was delicious :) Cheeseburger and green beans with onions and bacon, so yummy!

A bunch of people were meeting to go to a bunch of tapas bars and normal bars, so I got ready quickly and headed to meet them all. Once I got there we headed to this one tapas bar (keep in mind there's like 15 of us), but everyone had just eaten dinner so nobody ordered tapas, people just ordered drinks. SO. My friend Hope and I wanted a vodka and orange juice. We found out the hard way that this tapas bar doesn't have vodka. We tried to order vodka and orange juice, and he asked if orange Fanta was okay and I said yeah. We get our drinks.. No vodka, apparently he didn't understand us and he doesn't even have vodka. haha oops! Well we drank our delicious Fantas and everyone else finished their drinks and then we headed to another bar. This bar was smaller, but pretty cool. When you walked downstairs there was sand and they had TVs down there playing some weird stuff, but the music was good, as were the drinks :) Halfway through my drink, half the group leaves because they wanted to catch the Metro. Lame, but there was still a bunch of us left! Me, Josh, David, Michael, Erin, Brittani, Megan, Josh (grad student) and Josh's friend Fernandooooo. It's just a fun name to say, just try saying it and you'll agree! haha Anywho, it was better that half the people left because then it was easier to go bar hopping. Once we finished our drinks we went were walking to another bar when one of the promoters told us about a deal we couldn't resist. Girls: Free entry and unlimited sangria/beer for the next hour or two. Guys: 5 Euros, entry, unlimited sangria/beer for the next hour or two. We walk in and the place was awesome. One bar for beer, the other for Sangria. We immediately got drinks and we stayed there for awhile just drinking, and dancing before we headed to the next bar. We ended up going to three more bars that night. All of them were awesome!! All of the sudden the last bar we were at was like closing or something, and we were a little confused because we thought it was early.. It was like 5:15am, so at that point we figured we might as well stay out for the next 45 minutes and catch the Metro home. Fernando is from Madrid, (but is a grad student at Purdue) so he took us to get churros con chocolate. Best idea. So delishhh! We hung out there for awhile and then we all took the Metro home! So overall pretty successful night :)

Friday. Food and culture class. Unfortunately I only got like two hours of sleep, because we had a tour of El Congreso at 12:30. It was most definitely not fun waking up early, but well worth it! El Congreso was pretty cool, but we couldn't take pictures which sucked. BUT Erin snuck a few photos while we were there! After the tour I came back home and took a nap for like an hour and then ate some lunch and headed to my food and culture class. Where did we go for our class today? A chocolateria :) We got to pick whatever we wanted off the menu, I wanted to get this dark chocolate moussee thing, but of course they were out of it haha I ended up getting the strawberry mousse, and it was so good! I'd definitely go back there :)

Tonight I am definitely going to bed early since I have to get up early to go on our excursion to Toro and Zamora. (3 hour bus ride, booo) We're supposed to be touring a winery there though, and I've heard the wine is awesome :)

Love you guys! Sorry there's not many pictures, I'll be sure to take a lot tomorrow on my trip and post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment