Monday, June 6, 2011

Real Madrid!!

Didn't get a chance to blog yesterday, but not too much happened anyway, but I'll still fill you in :)

Saturday night Abby and I decided that we would go to El Rastro, which is the huge market where you can buy pretty much anything, from scarves (TONS of them!), clothes, souvenirs, jerseys, kitchen stuff, painting, and soo much more!! So the next day (Sunday) we went and it was crazy! There's so many people and it is just ridiculous, but awesome! You get everything there so much cheaper than buying it in stores. It's every Sunday and we decided to go yesterday just incase we didn't get another free Sunday or something.. Abby and I definitely got a lot for our money there! The main thing we wanted to find: a Real Madrid jersey for later that night.. After shopping and buying other things for about an hour and a half we finally found knock-off jerseys for like 12 Euros. Mine is pretty obnoxious, and I love it! I'll have to show you it once I'm home :) I most definitely bought some souvenirs for a few special people, so get excited :) We were pretty much exhausted after shopping all day, and because we had to get up early again.. I'm so over getting up early! At least it's always worth it!

Once we got back from El Rastro, we hung out for a little bit and then had to get ready for later because we were going to a Real Madrid game! Although it wasn't actually the Real Madrid, it was retired players from Madrid playing a team from Germany for a charity event.. So now I can say I did some charity work during my time in Spain haha :) It was only 10 Euros for the ticket, and the seats were pretty decent.. It wasn't a very intense game, but still really cool to go to :) Here's a picture of the stadium:

We ended up leaving the game a little early, and went to get some food and a drink for one of the girls birthdays on the trip. Where did we end up going??.... Friday's hahah It wasn't my choice, but can I just say the food there was so expensive! But it was very delicious :) Plus I was finally able to order a drink there which was quite tasty!

I was super tired yesterday which is why I didn't get a chance to blog. Guess all the lack of sleep is finally catching up to me!

Well anywho, today not very much happened. It's raining here unfortunately :( We went to our Art of the Prado class this morning, which felt way longer than 2 hours and then we came back and planned our trip to San Sebastian!! The bus and hostels are officially booked!!! :) We leave Thursday night at 12:30 and arrive at around 7am Friday morning! There's 6 of us going: Me, Abby, Kara, Hope, Ariel and Taylor! It's going to be awesome!! :) Can't wait!!! I've heard it's beautiful!

Tonight we're going to go to Sol and just walk around and stuff :) so long as it stops raining!!

Adios :)

No comments:

Post a Comment