Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rain rain go away.. please DON'T come another day!!

So obvi from my title it was raining today :( However on the brightside, I wore my new pants that I bought at El Rastro on Sunday!! I'm pretty much a local now haha These pants are pretty ridiculous, but sooo comfortable. They're floral parachute/MC hammer pants, but they look better on than hanging and once you've seen them a bunch of times they start to grow on you :)

Abby and I had our Art class this morning, so I proudly Metro-ed and walked my way to class in my parachute pants and we ended up being there super early, but better early than late! Class was a little confusing because Abby and I swear we heard her saw that we would be watching a clip of a movie, but then we never did... Who knows what else we've been misunderstanding haha We'll make it work though :)

When we got back from class (she let us out a half hour early!!) we were starving, as per usual, but we asked for lunch at 2:30 so we had to wait a half hour, but it was quite tasty for a change :) It was chicken and potatoes and onions, and of course bread (Abby's always snacking on bread! And now we snack on nutella and bread together, we have a stash of it in our room). We finally had time to nap today in between classes!! WOOO, I love a good siesta! Although it was really short, it was much needed. Once we woke up we had to leave for our second class, which was interesting. We went to a market, and then to a restaurant. The market was ridiculous, just so much meat, fish, fruits.. Side note: The peaches, cherries, and oranges here are the best!!! :) .. Here's a picture of some of the market:

When we were looking around at everything, all the people working were like showing us different things to entertain us pretty much. We were standing around this guy's fish thing and then all of the sudden he pulls of this fish head and moves it and says "Hola!" hahaha It was so funny!! We have a really good group of people so we always have a good time :)

After class, we went shopping!!!! H&M is huge here, everyone goes there, and there's like 50 billion stores in Madrid (at least that many haha). Anywho, I bought some super cute clothes there that I can't wait to wear! We stopped at another store and I bought an American flag shirt there haha 'MERICA!! Can't wait to wear it proudly! Now I have 2 America shirts here to rep! After a long day of shopping and class we came back and had some dinner. Overall, a successful day :)

Tomorrow: Art class, Retiro Park, Sangria, 1 Euro Beer/Shots with a bunch of friends :)

Love you all! Miss you guys a ton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment