Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mucho Caminar! (Lots of Walking!)

So last night's tapas bar crawl just turned into us making our way to whatever bar was offering free things. There was about 20 of us so it was a lot of fun and we all got to know each other better :) It was a Monday night so it was pretty dead, but we livened the city up, obvi! The Metro closes at 1:30am which is pretty ridiculous so we had to taxi it back to our house, it was only 10 Euros and we got back at like 3:00am. We ended up staying up late and not going to bed until like 3:45am and I had to get up at 8:30am for class.


I was tired for class, but it was well worth it :)

This was most of the Purdue group at our first discoteca while we were waiting for a couple more people to come!

First day of class: left for class at 10:15am because we didn't want to be late, we got there at like 10:50am and class didn't start until 11:30am, but better to be early than late! My first class was Arte del Prado (Art of the Prado) with Marissa (Professor from Nebrija) and she's a lot of fun! She talks at a good pace, so I was actually able to understand her! I know nothing about art though :( But every Thursday we're meeting at the Prado Museum so that'll be sweet!!

After class we came back to our house and was bombarded by the maid (I'll have to explain this story in person!!) but she made delicious paella for lunch!!!!! :) Needless to say I ate my weight in paella haha

Once we finished eating, we had to leave for our next class. We met at a Metro station near downtown Madrid, and all we did was pretty much tour Calle de Segovia. We saw this amazing church there but pictures won't do it justice, but I'll post one at the bottom of this blog, but it was so beautiful!
It was such a pretty walk all around today downtown and it's just how I pictured Madrid!! :) We ended up at Mercado de San Miguel where it is just filled with stuff from Nachos, to wine, yogurt, sweets, and more drinks! Ana (our professor) bought us a bunch of treats to all taste:

Yes that's right I HAAAAD to eat that for class, poor me :( hahaha

Still haven't had churros con chocolate!!! HOPEFULLY tomorrow because we all know I love churros :)

After my second class we ended up just walking around, and got back to our place at like 8:30. Our host mom came home a little after and made us dinner which was pretty tasty! I'm trying so many different things!! :)

Tomorrows agenda: Clase a las 11:30-1:30 y despues mis amigos y yo vamos al parque de retiro para relajarnos y beber vino :)

Translation- Class at 11:30-1:30 and after my friends and I are going to Retiro Park to relax and drink wine.


God I love Spain! :)


(Here's a picture inside the church, it doesn't do it justice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment