Thursday, July 7, 2011

I love 'MERICA.

Holaaaaaa!!! :)

SO as you can see from the title of this blog, I was/still kinda am missing the best country in the world, which we all know is the United States of AMERICA. Well obviously Monday was 4th of July and considering that means nothing to the Spaniards, I was reppin' for 'Merica. I had my American flag shirt (that I bought here) and wore it LOUDLY and PROUDLY because I love being American!!! Anywho, after wearing my American gear to class, I had to come back and work on some papers for one of my classes. However, Abby, Ali, Taylor and I decided that we were going to go shopping, so they met us at our Metro stop. We were going to go explore and shop, but we ran into a very appetizing sign: daiquiris. We decided to go in and get one.. Well afterwards we decided to get some Sangria, so 3 of us split a pitcher.. After that it was just a lost cause. Taylor went back, and Abby, Ali and I continued on to this tavern by our place. They didn't have Sangria so I got a couple glasses of wine, keeping it classy as per usual. Abby and Ali got Tinto de Verano (wine and pop) and did a shot of this Black Vodka, it actually was pretty good! While we were at the tavern we called the guys and told them to meet us at Sol and we'd go out for 4th of July! So we headed to Sol and went to this bar that we learned about in my food and culture class, pretty sure I should have gotten extra credit for it, but whateves.. I obviously ordered Sangria there :) They were playing AMERICAN music, and it was awesome. We didn't stay out till 6 am like the locals :( But overall a great night! Here's Abby, Ali and I at the bar:
Welp, the next day we had art class sooo we had to drag ourselves there, and all we did was review.. and then review some more.. For it being an art class about works of art in the Prado Museum we sure learned a lot about the history of Spain. Yes they go together, but our teacher didn't even connect them. If I knew it was going to be a history class I would have taken the other one, BUT enough of that. After class, we came back to the psycho cleaning lady, Loli. We were pretty excited for lunch because we were hoping for Paella and we were starving, what did we have you ask? The same gross, bone, mystery meat, soggy potatoes, disgusting soup thing that she tried to serve us the first week we were here!!!!!! GROSS!!!!! You bet we skipped out that and ran to Burger King. Yes more fast food. Lo siento, but I was not feeling anything Spanish after seeing and tasting that nasty thing again. When we got to BK there was a ridiculous line, and as we're watching the BK screen with BK advertisements we see it say this:
Yes that says "Gracias America." You know what BK in Spain, YOU'RE WELCOME! And thank you America for creating fast food chains like BK and placing them within 4 blocks of the place I'm staying in Spain, you really are the best country, always looking out for me :) Well after my amazing meal, we went back to Puris and I unfortunately had to work on my papers since yesterday we uhhh got distracted. Fortunately I finished the papers!! I tried to start making a study guide for my exam on Thursday.. Did not work out as planned haha

Wednesday we had Art class, obvi. It was yet more review about history and useless information. After class I came back and worked on a study guide and took a nice siesta! Always important to siesta before studying, right? Well after the siesta, Abby and I tried to study our best, on and off for awhile.... Let's just say we stayed up late, but managed to find out that Facebook now has video chat, soo yeah.. Thanks for that distraction John! I ended up staying up until 4 and then had to get up at like 7:30 because a bunch of us decided to go to Nebrija early to study.

So after we crammed and got super anxious for the exam, we finally had to take it. It was as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I gave it my best try so we'll see what grade I get. After the exam, we had a going-away dinner with our teachers, Gabriela, and Dr. Ruiz at a restaurant in Retiro Park. It was pretty delicious! Plus there was Sangria so you bet we took advantage of that!! I tried Gazpacho for the first time!!
It was pretty interesting, it was tomato and vegetable soup, but cold. Mom you'd probably like it! Anyways I ordered the "Carribean" Hamburger for dinner. It would have been really good, except I spotted a few pieces of raw meat, so I chose to not get E. Coli, and plus I was really full from the bread, sangria, gazpacho, and the spaghetti that Hope gave me. We also got dessert, it was some hazelnut cake thing, that was tasty, but I was way too full to eat it :( Afterwards, Abby, Ali, Gabriela and I went shopping!!! I love shopping!! I got some pretty cute clothes :) I will be wearing them this weekend, obvi. Believe it or not, it's my last full night in Madrid!!! We leave for Granada tomorrow at 8 AM, yes AM. We'll be there until Sunday and won't get back until Sunday night, and my flight is at 9:30 AM on Monday.

Tonight's game plan: Botellon (pregame) and then head to the opening of this place called Open Air, it's some outdoor lounge near Retiro Park, and it doesn't open until 12:30. Should be a lot of fun :) Well time to pack for Granada and get ready for tonight!

See you guys in LESS THAN ONE WEEK!! :) Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment